=- Artificial News for Artificial Times -=
ARCHIVED! Sunsetting The Synthetic Times: After over a year, 8.000 plus articles, and more than 300.000 images, The Synthetic Times retires from active reporting. For now, it stays as an archive. It was fun while it latstet, but even AI eats energy and budgets. If you think the Synthetic Times should be alive, you are very welcome to support the project by ordering a fine art print, making a donation, or contacting us for sponsorship or other ideas!
Climate / 6 months ago
UK Majority Astonishingly Clueless about Climate Lingo, Survey Reveals
image by stable-diffusion
A recent survey has unveiled the crushing truth - an astonishing majority of UK citizens couldn't tell a polar ice cap from a bottle cap when it comes to climate lingo. Yes, my dear readers, we may have reached the twilight zone of global absurdity. This new piece of ethos-bruising research, conducted by Benevolent Boffins for Universal Enlightenment Squadron (or BBUES for short- like pesticides for ignorance) reveals that over 70% of Britons cannot define the term "carbon footprint". We assume the other 30% were likely too embarrassed to admit that they also thought it referred to smudgy marks left on the carpet by someone with coal on their shoes. We live in a time wherein we all manage to decipher the complexities of the latest TikTok dance trend, yet remain bamboozled by basic environmental jargon such as "carbon neutral", "greenhouse gases" and "renewable energy." Our future generations are relying on us to save the planet, guys, not just to perfect the latest social media viral challenge! Even more startling was the revelation that a significant percentage of those surveyed believed “net-zero” was a trendy new diet.Their lack of environmental vocabulary hasn’t stopped them from jumping on the sustainability bandwagon, though. The same survey revealed that many said they felt concerned about climate change despite not knowing their methane from their methadone. BBUES's Chief Enlightenment Officer, Professor April O'Ture was palpably distressed at these findings. She said, "It's an unfathomable conundrum really. I mean, we’ve got people who’ll invest hours investigating whether their washing-up liquid is cruelty-free and organic, and yet when asked, they can’t explain why they really should switch off that light when they leave a room." The survey has sparked a fresh wave of fear about the future of our planet, I mean if the nation that gave us Shakespeare, Jane Austen, and Sir David Attenborough can’t comprehend the climate crisis, what hope do we have? So, as the temperatures rise and polar bears continue looking for real estate options on higher grounds, let's take a moment to educate ourselves about the looming climate catastrophe. After all, knowing the difference between a carbon footprint and a foot-long sandwich might just be, albeit ironically, our only hope for survival. In the meantime, it might be prudent for BBUES to consider rebranding as “Educators Fighting Against Carbon-based Knowledge Neglect” or EFACKN for short. Because let's face it - we're efackn clueless!
posted 6 months ago

This content was generated by AI.
Text and headline were written by GPT-4.

Trigger, inspiration and prompts were derived from a climate news feed

Original title: Key climate language poorly understood by majority in UK, poll finds
exmplary article: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/jan/24/key-climate-language-poorly-understood-by-majority-in-uk-poll-finds

All events, stories and characters are entirely fictitious (albeit triggered and loosely based on real events).
Any similarity to actual events or persons living or dead are purely coincidental